If you’re reading this right now, then you are a step close to knowing how to get Fortnite on Chromebook in 2021.
This is a very simple tutorial that you will surely appreciate at the end. We recommend you follow these tutorial steps after steps to avoid missing a step.
But before you proceed to the actual steps and procedures on how to get Fortnite on Chromebook shown below, let’s serve you right by providing answers to some important questions that will be helpful to you while using Fortnite on Chromebook.
Can you play Fortnite on a Chromebook?
In some of the reviews we come across, we have seen people commenting on issues relating to playing Fortnite on Chromebook.
Some users express opinions that Chromebook can not run Fortnite on its own while others claim it’s just not possible to do that. But we have the solution for you.
To solve this problem, it will be better for us to start by considering why some users believe that Fortnite cannot run on Chromebooks.
Common Challenges with Using Fortnite on Chromebook
One of the reasons Fortnite cannot work on some Chromebooks is because some Chromebooks do not have the required horsepower to run Fortnite.
Meanwhile, others believe that Fortnite is not compatible with ChromeOS. But in this article, we’re going to guide you on how to download Fortnite and run it on Chromebook.
How Can I Play Fortnite on a Chromebook 2021?
This is a very important question that we have provided a very satisfying answer to in this article.
So if you are asking if you can play Fortnite on a Chromebook in 2021, then the simple answer is yes, a YES in capital letters.
With this write-up, you will be able to download, launch and play Fortnite on a Chromebook in 2021 as shown in the steps below.
How to Get Fortnite on Chromebook
There are three simple ways you can get Fortnite on your Chromebook and the 3 methods have been properly explained below.
The three methods to getting Fortnite to work on Chromebook in 2021 are:
- GeForce Now method
- Chrome Remote Desktop method
- Side Loading method
Playing Fortnite on Chromebook Using GeForce Now Method
The ‘GeForce Now‘ method of running Fortnite on Chromebook is the best and the most recommendable method.
The following are the proper steps to use GeForce Now method to play Fortnite on your Chromebook in 2021.
- Create a GeForce Now account (free and paid available)
- Add Fortnite to your library by typing “Fortnite” in the search bar and click on the “+Library” button.
- To view your Fortnite in your library, check under the “My Library”.
- Now, open your “My Library” on ‘GeForce Now’ and click on Fortnite.
- Finally, click on click the “Play” button to play Fortnite on your Chromebook.
It is better to go for the paid plan (Founder’s tier) which is just $5 a month or $25 for six months than using the free tier plan if you want to have a smooth and perfect experience of using this method.
Running Fortnite on Chromebook Using Chrome Remote Desktop
In this method, you can easily install Chrome Remote Desktop on your Chromebook and use it to play Fortnite on your Chromebook.
1st Step: Installation.
The first thing you need to do is to install a Chrome Remote Desktop on your Chromebook.
2nd Step: Connecting your Chromebook.
Secondly, you have to connect your Chromebook to your PC or macOS.
3rd Step: Giving Access
Now, enter your PIN to allow access, if prompted.
4th Step: Launching Fortnite
In this step, you have to launch Fortnite by open the Epic Games Store.
5th Step: Playing Fortnite
From there, click on Fortnite to play it via the Chrome Remote Desktop.
Playing Fortnite on Chromebook Using the Side Loading Method
In this method, you must make sure that you have set up your Chromebook to install Android apk apps.
You can do that by installing android app compatibility on your Chromebook. After that, follow these steps to run your Fortnite:
- Turn on your Chromebook Linux
- Set up Linux for the APK by entering the proper commands into the terminal
- Now, open Settings and navigate to Linux > Develop Android Apps >
- At this point, enable the toggle for ADB Debugging.
- Switch off Chromebook and restart again.
- After booting, wait for the ADB prompt to come up.
- If it comes up, click on “Allow”
- Open the Linux Terminal from the app drawer and paste “sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb” to install APKs.
- On the completion of the installation, run this command “adb connect 100.115.92.2:5554” to connects the virtual android system to Linux.
- Now, download and install the Fortnite APK
- Move the file to your “Linux files” folder and enter this command “adb -s emulator-5554 install EpicGamesApp.apk” to complete the process.
- Click on the yellow Install button that will appear under the Fortnite section.
- If you were able to do that correctly, then then you’re done and you can start playing Fortnite on your Chromebook.
Can kids play Fortnite on Chromebook?
Yes!! The Fortnite game is design for both kids and adults. So you can set up Fortnite on your Chromebook for yourself and your kids following the steps listed above.
Meanwhile, remember to always stay beside and monitor your kids while playing to help them in resolving any challenge or violence that may arise in the course of playing the game.
Our final thoughts and recommendations
You can easily download, launch and play Fortnite on a Chromebook in 2021 if you follow the steps shown above.
Meanwhile, we also recommend you check out some of our important articles, guides, and reviews below or navigate to the homepage to see more.
Feel free to navigate our site to read more. Remember to share this information with others and drop your thoughts in the comment section below.