How to use Facetime on Android Smartphone
Facetime is very popular for video calling. This is a great way to video call between iPhone, iPad and Mac. It has been an important part of the Apple ecosystem for years. Now Andriod users can also use Apple’s Facetime with iOS 15.
Confused?? Oky let me explain to you that now FaceTime users can also video call their friends and family through Android phone, Windows computer or browser. This means you no longer need an iPhone to connect with your friends on FaceTime. Here’s our step-by-step guide on how you can use FaceTime on Android to join a video call.
How to use facetime on android
If you have an android phone, you can join and participate in video calls on Facetime. However, you can’t start FaceTime calls on Android right now. You need an invitation link from a friend or family member using iOS 15, iPadOS 15, or Mac device to join the call. Well, the good news is that you don’t need an Apple ID or any video chat registration. You just need a link from your iPhone user friend. You can then use the link to join the video call directly through your browser just like in ZOOM.
Create facetime call link on iPhone
- Open FaceTime on iPhone or iPad. If you can’t find it, search the app library and click on create link.
- This will automatically open the sharing sheet. Hereunder ‘FaceTime Link’ tap on Add Name. If you want, you can add the name here.
- Select the person (Android phone users) who invites FaceTime calls from the sharing list. Links to FaceTime calls can be shared through any messaging platform, be it a traditional text message or instant messaging apps like WhatsApp and Telegram.
How to Join Facetime Calls on Android
On Android devices, you’ll find the link in the format ‘facetime.apple.com’. After getting the link follow the steps given below.
- Open FaceTime Call link in Chrome browser. Once the link opens, enter your name and tap on Continue. You don’t need to sign-up or do anything else here. If you haven’t already given permission to use the camera and microphone, give it up.
- Now click on the Join button in the top right corner. You’ll see a ‘Waiting to be late in..’ message at the bottom of the screen until the iPhone user accepts you into the meeting.
The iPhone user who created the link is invited to the meeting. Simply ask them to tap the green check button on the pop-up. Once they do, you’ll be able to join Facetime calls and video chats from your Android phone. You also get a few other on-screen controls, including options to go full-screen, mute, disable videos, and switch cameras. In addition, you can tap on the three-dot menu and enable grid layout or switch between available cameras and audio sources.
This option is only available on iPhones running iOS 15. It is currently available through the Public Beta channel, while the stable version is expected to be released by the end of the year. If you want to try out the new features, you can download the beta version by enrolling in Apple’s beta program.
Using FaceTime on iOS devices
It should come as no surprise that FaceTime was first introduced on the iPhone, as it is the device that has taken smartphones to a fun, new level. To get started with FaceTime on your iOS device, you need to make sure you’re signed in to your Apple ID.
- On iPhone, FaceTime is automatically linked to your phone number. You must also add at least one email address to your iPhone by accessing the Settings application under FaceTime. This way, other FaceTime users can find you via email.
- On your iPad or iPod touch, you can add your email address by accessing the Settings app and selecting FaceTime> Use your Apple ID for FaceTimeand sign in.
As mentioned above, when using FaceTime with phone numbers, you can access phone calls on all Apple devices. To do this, you must use the same Apple ID on all devices.
There are several ways to make a FaceTime call on your iOS device:
- In the FaceTime app on your iOS device, tap +sign and type in the person ‘s phone number or email address. Then select Audio or Video, depending on your preferences. If this person is already in your contact application, you can enter their name
- You can also tap the FaceTime iconin the Phone app to switch an active call to FaceTime.